pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Friday, December 06, 2013

WARNING: EXTREME JUNK FOOD POST

Sadly I am an emotional eater, so when I get upset I turn to food that make me happy or bring back good memories and Wednesday I had a super emotional day so I decided to bake! Cupcakes would not do so I turned to Mama Crunk's (Bianca's Mom) Dump Cake from Thanksgiving. Mainly because Thanksgiving was the most recent time I was happy and that cake was awesome.

I looked up the recipe and it seemed easy enough. You seriously just dump everything in the pan and bake. I used my cupcake pan because cake goes to waste in my house. Its just Keithon and I so we can't eat it fast enough and I end up throwing it out, plus cupcakes are portion control. You know exactly how much you are getting. When I was layering the cherry madness I made a uggh sound and Keithon said "Mom are you doing that because its not fresh fruit?" Pretty much even my child know we don't use canned goods but tonight we were eating BAD!

Ingredients:
•1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
•1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
•1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
•2 sticks (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons) of  vegan butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
•1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, etc., your choice)
•1/4 cup shredded coconut

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready or you can use a cupcake pan like I did, make sure you use cupcake liners.

Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly. (if using a cupcake pan I put a teaspoon of cake mix on the bottom to prevent the cupcake liners from burning.)

Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple. (use a tablespoon of cherry and pineapple filing.)

Sprinkle coconut over top.

Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.

Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix. (if using the cupcake pan cut each slice in half)

Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.

Bake for one hour but if you are using a cupcake pan bake for about 30-45 minutes.

It is the ugliest and unhealthy dish you will ever make but I tell you what it tastes good. As long as you aren't eating Dump Cake every night go ahead and bake one up. After eating two I remembered that I didn't have dinner first. Oh well they are just that good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't get down on yourself for making cupcakes! Everyone needs to eat some junk food every now and then and these dump cake cupcakes certainly sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.