pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Friday, March 28, 2014

A Meeting Of The Minds

 Any time that I can get out in the city and meet new people I am all about it. I love networking events and not because it's a chance to make connections in the business world but because I love talking to other people and seeing what I may be missing out on in the city. Plus it's a chance to meet new people and brainstorm. You never know where your next great idea will come from or who will be able to get you over a hump you may be having. So yesterday while I was playing around on Facebook I saw that my friend Aisha was going to a meet up hosted by Memphis Young Creatives. This month it was going to be hosted at GreenCork. So I decided to attend. Why not, I live in Memphis, I'm young , I'm Creative this sounded like the perfect group for me.


Here is a little background on the group.

Memphis Young Creatives is a meet-up comprised of young professionals in Memphis in various creative fields, such as marketing, promotions, PR, photography, web design, music, and more. The group meets monthly to talk a little shop (and non-shop too), share tips and advice, and support each other in a relaxed, after-work climate. Meetings are held at a different local restaurant each month, to help support local small businesses, where conversation is shared over drinks and appetizers.
The group was founded in the Spring of 2013 by Elizabeth Cawein (Signal Flow PR), Cheryl Hurley (The Stylist Quo), and Shannon Little (Huey’s/Shannon R. Little Communication).
Events are announced each month via Facebook and Twitter and are open to the public.

This month's meet up was pretty informal which was great, it gave me the chance to talk about something other that debt collection and Mindcraft. I meet some really cool people and found out about a few events that are going on next month. Its nice to go to a networking event where people are not trying to one up each other.

Now of course I couldn't go to Greencork and not have a glass ( or two) of wine. They are in the process of changing out wines and Miles let me sample a wine that hasn't made it to tap yet, called Chocolate Shop. I am a chocolate lover but being vegan chocolate can be pretty hard to come by so I knew I had to try this wine. It smells and tastes just like Tootsie Rolls! It was not overly sweet like you may think but it was just sweet enough with just a bit of a bite at the end. I can't wait until this wine is in rotation.



One of the ladies I met asked how do I eat out at places that don't have vegan options on the menu. I told her I can always find something on the menu and if I can't find anything I just ask if they will make me something. This is another reason I love GreenCork, Mrs Robin will ALWAYS make sure that I have something to eat. I have yet to be disappointed with anything she gives me and last night was another hit. She prepared a spread of carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, olives, grapes, strawberries and my favorite, stuffed grape leaves. On the side there was an amazing fig jelly, brown mustard and a balsamic vinegar.  I tend to believe that Mrs Robin really loves me because she feeds me so well.



 If you haven't been to GreenCork yet please check it out and tell Mrs Robin I sent you. Also if you want to check out Memphis Young Creatives email Shannon Little for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.