pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

My girls mean the world to me so whenever I can support them or celebrate them I am all over it. This weekend my was my chance to support  Bianca from Vegan Crunk. Saturday Bianca did a food demo at our annual Southern Woman's Show, where she made Black-Eyed Corn Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Check out the post here. She did an amazing job, as always and I even got a taste of demo fame. Mainly because I was on stage to help plate while she cooked




After the demo was over the girls and I checked out a few of the vendors and even played a round of Purse Bingo. Sadly we left with only the purses we came with but who doesn't love a good game of bingo. My favorite part of our outing was the photo booth that was hosted by Q107.5. Give us props and a camera and we go crazy. 


After we finished playing glamour girls we headed downtown to DeJaVu for dinner. I love this building, its so New Orleans. By the time we sat down to dinner we were starving because sadly there were not to many vegan options at the Southern Woman's Show. I was only able to eat a pretzel. I wanted to get a "purkle" but Aisha wouldn't let me because I refused to pronounce pickle correctly lol. So for dinner I settled on the Curry Tofu with a side of Roasted Potatoes and Citrus Spinach. There was so much food even starving I couldn't finish it. 


Sunday was an off day for me food wise. Not because of Daylight Saving Time but because my baby bear is out of town this week. So its just me and Hollywood this week. Most people would turn cart wheels when they don't have to cook but not me, I actually like cooking. So when I don't have anyone to cook for I don't cook. For breakfast I added a bit of coconut milk and fresh veggies to my left over tofu and BAM breakfast. Now dinner went downhill fast. I hate to say it but I had cookies for dinner. Yep cookies for dinner. Hey who was going to stop me. In my defense it is a cookie recipe I am testing for the World Wide Vegan Bake Sale next month. 


I am still hard at work on a project that I hope to be able to reveal this Sunday. While Keithon is gone I'll be using my time to focus on the final touches of project and I promise I will try to best to eat dinner at night because if I don'lt eat I can't post. There is another recipe that I am working on that started out as a joke but I hope to knock out this week as well. So stay tuned.





1 comment:

  1. Cookies for dinner?! No ma'am. :-)

    Thanks again for helping me Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.