pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Saturday, November 16, 2013

And so it begins!

Hi, my name is Cassi and there are 3 things you should know about me. I'm pretty (at least i think so), i'm vegan and if its pink I WANT IT!

Since today is Saturday, my son allowed me to "sleep in" which means I was able to stay asleep until about 8:30. Since Saturday is cereal day when I did get moving lunch was the first meal prepared. Today was a beautiful and warm November, so I decided to make a fall pasta dish. This dish is loaded with pasta, chickpeas, carrots, mushrooms and while it was warm I tossed in a bit of massaged kale, lemon juice and a bit of coarse sea salt.

My plan today was to stay in and work on the invites for my upcoming cookie club party but my pal Bianca sent me a text telling me about an artist talk at Crosstown Arts. Anytime they host an event i'm always up for going. Like most Crosstown events there were munchies and an open bar because we midtowners like to eat and drink.

What I love most about being a Crosstowner is that we come from all walks of life, which means we eat all types of foods so there are always something vegan in the spread. Tonight there was the vegan stable of hummus and my all time favorite spring rolls. These spring rolls are awesome because they have stips of tofu and mint in them. Normally I'm a wine girl but tonight I opted for beer, mainly because it came for one of our new breweries Wisearce. They make IPA brews. Tonight they had two to choice from. I went for the Amanda, its an India Pale Ale and if you like a strong beer this one is for you. They are located on Broad Ave, so if you are in the area go check them out!

2 comments:

  1. this would be a way for me to try something new I think! I love mint and I love spring rolls! trying tofu is on my bucket list!!! I love the pics full of wonderful info too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yesterday's lunch looks awesome. And those spring rolls were great. Thanks for letting me finish your beer.

    ReplyDelete

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.