pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Isa Does It and so did I

Sunday is the sabbath and you're suppose to rest right? Well not in my house! Today we hit the ground running. Swim lessons and a birthday party were on the to do list, not for me but for my son. He seems to have more of a social life than I do.

Now Keithon is he breakfast person in the house so I told him to grab one of the new cookbooks and find a recipe. He picked the Coconut French Toast from the newly released Isa Does It. It is simple and yummy. I love recipes that use what I call pantry ingredients. Nothing fancy here, its so simple a child can do it. Since my son helps in the kitchen this is a perfect family recipe.

We did make it kinda fancy, I used his cookie cutters and cut the bread into the shape of trains. If you don't have Isa's new book go get it, its a vegan must have!

4 comments:

  1. well done little chef!! that is 1 of my fav fruits too!! it looks so yummy! yall are going to have to teach us how to cook like yall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want train French bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trains are so cute! It looks great, and I love coconut. I can't wait to get Isa's new book and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her book is HUGE and you will love it. I can't wait to try more recipes.

      Delete

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.