pretty in pink vegan

pretty in pink vegan

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Spaghetti Tacos and a New Living Room

 So a few last weekend I got this wild hair up my ass and decided to redo my living room and when I say redo I mean I gutted it out and started from scratch. The true inspiration was a pillow that Brenna gave me for Christmas. It is a purple and green pillow that says "Men may come and go but stilettos are forever". My first idea was to just get a high heeled shoe chair and get a purple couch and be done with it. Then Christmas rolled around and my Kindle Fire had a prime membership so I started to stream my cooking shows and then I discovered I can stream iCarly! I turned off my cable about a 2 years ago just as iCarly was getting good. (Yes I love all of Dan Schneider's shows) So I got caught up on the last two seasons I missed. Then more inspiration hit me! I WANT AN ICARLY ROOM. So I got to work.

  While I was looking for a link to connect to Dan Schneider I discovered his is a from MEMPHIS! Like born and raised. That would explain his crazy sense of humor. Another fun fact is he was on Head of the Class another show that I watched growing up! So setting to work on my living room I knew I wanted it fun and colorful. ( I'm a big kid at heart) It's the 1st room I see when I come home from a crazy day so this room had to make me happy. But instead of the shoe chair I stuck with the purple theme but I went with inflatable furniture!  I now have 2 inflatable chairs and a full sized couch! No these are not the crappy ones we had in the 90's this is real useable stuff!

I did keep one piece of adult furniture though. I kept the recliner from my sectional and Nicole and I redid it purple. It is the only chair I sit in and I do my writing from. I guess it's like my Sheldon spot. Before I even started on the living room I told Nicole the theme and when she came over to help me redecorate she brought walls decals that fit me perfectly and the one over my archway is my new mantra.


Today I also put a boarder around the picture mainly because it needed a POP.



Of course no iCarly room would be complete without a cool candy machine. I wanted a real gumball machine but that was too old school so I found this automatic dispenser at Walgreen for 4 bucks!

I also got a cool color changing chandelier from Big Lots.

Now an iCarly room would not be complete without iCarly food and since we don't have a Groovy Smoothie here I decided to make Spaghetti Tacos! Yep the same Spaghetti Tacos Spencer made in iDateFreddie. And guess what this is a REAL recipe. It turns out Dan is married to Lisa Lillien! For all you Food Network fans yes I am talking about Hungry Girl! I almost peed myself when I found this out. The recipe is a real recipe that she created just for the show and get this. The real recipe is a vegetarian/vegan recipe. I squealed and almost pissed a rainbow I was so excited! So I set to work on the tacos. Check out the recipe below.

Dan's Wife, Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl) Recipe
iHungry Spaghetti Tacos

Ingredients:
4 oz. uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
12 corn taco shells (flat-bottomed shells, if available)
1 1/2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese ( I used Dayia)
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded lettuce
Break pasta in half and prepare per package instructions.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add soy crumbles, crushed tomatoes, and taco seasoning, and mix well. Cook and stir until hot, 2 - 4 minutes.
Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Mix well. Evenly distribute pasta mixture among the taco shells, about 1/3 cup per shell. Evenly top each taco with cheese, onion, and lettuce. Tara

  Needless to say I was a little concerned eating the Spaghetti Tacos because well it is spaghetti in a taco shell. This was amazing! It didn't take like spaghetti it tasted like a taco! I guess it was because of the taco seasonings. It was so good that I even had one for breakfast the next day.




Needless to say the Spaghetti Tacos were a hit and I love my new living room. I even learned a few things about my favorite show creator. Yet my favorite new piece is the one thing that caught fire. Yep you guessed it. The gummy bear lamp! Yep, I made one. Yes I know gummy bears aren't vegan and I resisted the urge to eat one. (They smelled awesome and I miss them so)

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! I'm going to bookmark these Spaghetti Tacos to make soon! My husband's favorite meal is tacos, and I'm sure you can't go wrong by making it slightly more filling and adding spaghetti to the mix.

    By the way, your living room looks awesome, too! I've been meaning to redecorate mine, but I need to get some new couches first before I can decide what decorations to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider selling your full sized inflatable couch?? or your 2 inflatable chairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol i'm sorry I just got them BUT I got them from Bubbleinflatables.com

      Delete
  3. SOS where did you get your inflatable couch and chairs????!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment. It makes me feel pretty when you do. Tell me what you like or what you didn't like.